Lead for scale | GLL co-founder & Chair of the Board | Lithuania
The #GLL4Ukraine mobilizes its network to urge companies, governments, and creative and academic industries to stop business with Russia in support of Ukraine.
To achieve its mission, the campaign:
- Advises global businesses on the risks of operating in Russia and the long-term implications of feeding its war machine.
- Draws the attention of western voters and political leaders to the critical need to ensure the energy independence of their nations
- Rises the awareness of western audiences of Russian mentality, history, etc. by sharing our knowledge of Russo-realism.
WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED
- 500+ open letters were sent to the people of influence in various industries with Lithuanian roots
- 80 briefings with business leaders, ambassadors, top executives, high public officials
- Encourage awareness events for business and various industry leaders worldwide to voice out Russia’s war on Ukraine
- Collaboration with a global campaign #BoycottRussia, which includes 5000+ volunteers around the world
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
GLL invites you to use your influence and become a trumpet in your professional communities to urge these companies to terminate their operations in Russia and bring the truth to society and call for action in finding both short and long-term solutions to eliminate Russia’s threat.
I. CONTACT BUSINESSES
- Choose a company from the list: https://bit.ly/3I2FFmK
- Use your social media to urge the company to withdraw from Russia. Here are some good examples: https://bit.ly/3t0Yxy8, https://bit.ly/3CAIM4n, https://bit.ly/3t0Yxy8
When you contact the target company – please give us feedback. Join our trust group on SIGNAL via the link: https://signal.group/#CjQKINFb or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org (include a link to your Linkedin account).
II. VOICE OUT THE TRUTH
- Talk to influential media about why it is important to stop business with Russia. Here are good examples from Agnia Grigas Ph.D. talking to Bloomberg: https://bloom.bg/3MJ7kws and Jurate (Jura) Liaukonyte in Washington Post: https://lnkd.in/enhgskrK
- Organize awareness events for business and various industry leaders in worldwide destinations to voice out about Russia’s war on Ukraine.
- Text of an open letter to the CEOs, which you can use: https://goo.su/6C6JU
- The article by prominent writer Kristina Sabaliauskaitė on the experience of Lithuanian “Russo-realists” is helpful material that explains Russia’s mentality: https://goo.su/zS1hLzw
- The communications advisory to refute some justifications for the continuous presence of multinational corporations in Russia: https://goo.su/zh9qNCA
- The visual performance “Swimming Through” by photographer Neringa Rekašiūtė: https://goo.su/DR0hjY
- The information to pressure governments to provide Ukraine with the listed items of what Ukraine needs to win the war: https://saveualist.com/
- Follow GLL on LinkedIn https://goo.su/AHxDfg, Facebook: https://goo.su/r22ZE, Twitter: https://goo.su/Sgsn9FH for latest upadtes
- If you wish to receive weekly e-mail updates on the campaign, fill out this form: https://goo.su/5AqPeSr
The campaign is part of the “Ecosystem for professional diaspora civic engagement” project, financed by Iceland, Norway, and Lichtenstein through 2014-2021 EEA Grants 2014-2021 Active Citizens Fund.
MAIN ORGANISING TEAM
Lead for business analytics | GLL co-founder | Lithuania
Strategic Communication | Lithuania
Process Management | Spain
Consultant for retail | Ukraine
Network engagement | Lithuania
Team coordinator | Ukraine