Lithuanian public debate lacks voices of women. According to research conducted in 2020 by MEDIASKOPAS, men experts are mentioned twice more often in the news than women. The stereotype that some areas lack women experts persists. Lack of gender diversity narrows our perceptions, therefore, holds back innovations and limits the available talent pool.
With this in mind, the GLL and partner SWEDBANK are launching a new platform Profesionales.lt It is an open database of women professionals from various fields to help media content creators and organizers of professional events have more versatile conversations.
Join the launch of the platform on Friday at 10 AM EET and a discussion among some forward thinkers:
- Dovile Grigiene, Swedbank CEO in Lithuania
- Aušra Kukelkaitė, CEO at Global Lithuanian Leaders
- Jurate Marija Stankuviene, CEO at Mediaskopas
- Donatas Paulauskas, an expert in gender equality and gender policy
- Arturas Navickas, COO at Alliance for Recruitment
- Marija Šaraitė, lead at Profesionales.lt initiative
- Event moderator: news editor Mindaugas Jackevičius.
The event will be held in Lithuanian and will be broadcasted live at www.profesionales.lt.
More info on the event: https://lnkd.in/dBnNUA7