“We Connect Lithuania”
Connect with Modern Lithuania
Six-week encounter of present-day Lithuania for future diaspora professionals through
professional challenges at internship and volunteering positions,
learning opportunities at unique workshops and camps,
reflections on experiences with like-minded and like-struggling group-mates.
WHY IS IT WORTH PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM?
“Making sense of Lithuanian roots can be challenging. But it is tremendously rewarding when you discover how to make those traditions and heritage into something your own; you gain a sense of purpose that binds you to a vibrant community, and a source of authenticity that you can flaunt and share with others.”
Jurgis DidžiulisJurgis Didžiulis, To Be LT
“We are proud to create GLL Youth Program “We Connect Lithuania” for Lithuanian diaspora youth when the restored State of Lithuania turns 100. As the director of Global Lithuanian Leaders, I believe that this program can become a key to the life-long personal and professional network with global Lithuanians.”
Kotryna Stankutė-JaščemskienėKotryna Stankutė-Jaščemskienė, Director at Global Lithuanian Leaders
“If we want to encourage our Youth in the diaspora to create for Lithuania, we have to reveal the true essence of our beloved country. It is not enough just to visit Lithuania You have to experience it. Traineeships in innovative organizations, inspiring meetings with leaders from various fields, social activities will help the young generation of our diaspora to strive for making the change in Lithuania.”
Agila BarzdienėAgila Barzdienė, Program Manager at
The beginning of the 2nd season of 2019 will be announced soon
“We Connect Lithuania” program offers 6 weeks immersive professional and volunteering experience in Lithuanian-based companies, leading startups, public sector and social enterprises. The program creates opportunities to establish personal and professional connections, meet distinguished Lithuanian leaders from business, technology, politics.
“We Connect Lithuania” participants have the unique opportunity to explore Lithuanian history and feel the pulse of modern-day Lithuania. Participants have the chance to be exposed to a group of professionals who will deepen the knowledge of Lithuanian business, science, political and cultural spectrums.
We designed the program with the focus on discovering Lithuania along with her nature and culture. The participants will be invited to join the trips to the most beautiful sceneries in Lithuania as well as to country’s vibrant cities. They also will be engaged in interactive workshops, tours, outdoor team building activities.
- This program will be held from July 1, 2019 to August 12, 2019.
- Application period: February 16, 2019 – March 15, 2019.
- The application consists of a Curriculum Vitae, a cover (motivational) letter responding to the question “Why do I want to participate in the We Connect Lithuania program?”.
- On April 30, 2019, all applicants will be notified individually if they were accepted as participants. Students are selected by the We Connect Lithuania Committee.
- We Connect Lithuania program participation fee for students is 500 EUR (accommodation, weekend events, and meals, company visits etc. are included).
- Detailed program: to be announced at the end of April.
Your stay in Lithuania
- Participants are provided dorms/apartments. Based on the type of internship and availability, students will live in Vilnius, Kaunas or Klaipeda.
- Local trips, business visits, meeting with inspiring leaders, food, and participation in different cultural and national events will be sponsored by organizers and partners.
- Students are responsible for their own expenses including flight tickets, food, personal trips, and other activities.
Don’t miss your chance to participate
While the program is available to young Lithuanians from all over the world and from various backgrounds, there are guidelines for eligibility.
- High School students (age 16-18) seeking to gain volunteering experience in different social organizations and social businesses, learn and practice Lithuanian language and explore modern Lithuania.
- Undergraduate and Graduate university students (age 18-25) seeking to gain professional experience in the leading Lithuania based companies, organizations, and startups.
Lithuanian heritage: Eligible individuals are those who identify as Lithuanians. Applicants must also have at least one Lithuanian birth parent or grandparent.
Project Manager Lina Dusevičienė
M. +370 600 68509