“KFF is a proud supporter of We Connect Lithuania, a summer internship program for youth of Lithuanian heritage. We feel it is important for young people to visit the land of their ancestors, have an opportunity to interact with those of their own age, and most importantly, engage in worthwhile programs that expand their knowledge and experience.”
“We Connect Lithuania”
Connect with Lithuania
We match high potential Lithuanian youth from all over the world with leading companies, charities, social enterprises, and innovative startups in Lithuania for unforgettable 6 weeks to discover the modern and innovative country.
WHY IS IT WORTH PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM?
“GLL Youth program “We Connect Lithuania” was born of a bold vision to make an educational trip to Lithuania as an integral part of the life of every young global Lithuanian. This is an opportunity to get some authentic flavor of modern-day Lithuania while gaining experience and knowledge through an internship and volunteering opportunity.”
Kamilė NaraitėKamilė Naraitė, Project Manager at GLL Academy
“Making sense of Lithuanian roots can be challenging. But it is tremendously rewarding when you discover how to make those traditions and heritage into something your own; you gain a sense of purpose that binds you to a vibrant community, and a source of authenticity that you can flaunt and share with others.”
Jurgis DidžiulisJurgis Didžiulis, To Be LT
“We are proud to create GLL Youth Program “We Connect Lithuania” for Lithuanian diaspora youth when the restored State of Lithuania turns 100. As the director of Global Lithuanian Leaders, I believe that this program can become a key to the life-long personal and professional network with global Lithuanians.”
Kotryna Stankutė-JaščemskienėKotryna Stankutė-Jaščemskienė, Director at Global Lithuanian Leaders
“If we want to encourage our Youth in the diaspora to create for Lithuania, we have to reveal the true essence of our beloved country. It is not enough just to visit Lithuania You have to experience it. Traineeships in innovative organizations, inspiring meetings with leaders from various fields, social activities will help the young generation of our diaspora to strive for making the change in Lithuania.”
Agila BarzdienėAgila Barzdienė, Program Manager at ″Kurk Lietuvai″
The application period ends 15 March 2018
“We Connect Lithuania” program offers 6 weeks immersive professional and volunteering experience in Lithuanian-based companies, leading startups, public sector and social enterprises. The program creates opportunities to establish personal and professional connections. Participants engage with distinguished Lithuanian leaders from business, technology, politics and philanthropic organizations on a broad range of topics.
“We Connect Lithuania” participants have the unique opportunity to explore Lithuanian history, get to know national heroes, celebrate 100 years of Restored Lithuania and feel the pulse of modern-day Lithuania. Participants have the chance to be exposed to a group of professionals who will deepen the knowledge of Lithuanian business, science, political and cultural spectrums. The program’s participants have a chance to apply their knowledge and experience in further improving Lithuania for even brighter country’s future.
We designed the program with the focus on discovering Lithuania along with her nature and culture. The participants will be invited to join the trips to the most beautiful sceneries in Lithuania as well as to country’s vibrant cities. They also will be engaged in interactive workshops, tours, outdoor team building activities and will get some opportunities to take part or volunteer at the national events such as The Lithuania Song Festival, Meeting of World Lithuanian Youth and Kaunas 2022.
- This program will be held from July 1, 2018 to August 12, 2018.
- Application period: February 16, 2018 – March 15, 2018.
- The application consists of a Curriculum Vitae, a cover (motivational) letter responding to the question “Why do I want to participate in the We Connect Lithuania program?”.
- On March 30, 2018, all applicants will be notified individually if they were accepted as participants. Students are selected by the We Connect Lithuania Committee.
- We Connect Lithuania program participation fee for students is 500 EUR (accommodation, weekend events, and meals, company visits etc. are included).
- Detailed program: to be announced at the beginning of April.
Your stay in Lithuania
- Participants are provided program-sponsored dorms/apartments for free. Based on the type of internship and availability, students will live in Vilnius, Kaunas or Klaipeda.
- Local trips, business visits, meeting with inspiring leaders, food, and participation in different cultural and national events will be sponsored by organizers and partners.
- Students are responsible for their own expenses including flight tickets, food, personal trips, and other activities.
Don’t miss your chance to participate
*The application period ends 15 March 2018
While the program is available to young Lithuanians from all over the world and from various backgrounds, there are guidelines for eligibility.
- High School students (age 16-18) seeking to gain volunteering experience in different social organizations and social businesses, learn and practice Lithuanian language and explore modern Lithuania.
- Undergraduate and Graduate university students (age 18-25) seeking to gain professional experience in the leading Lithuania based companies, organizations, and startups.
Lithuanian heritage: Eligible individuals are those who identify as Lithuanians. Applicants must also have at least one Lithuanian birth parent, a grandparent.
We Connect Lithuania Team
M. +370 602 87754
Kotryna Stankutė – Jaščemskienė
Director of “Global Lithuanian Leaders”
M.+370 687 55886